Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Its finally done

Since mom had taken up this project she continued to follow up, she finally met the officer in Parel and she tells me that he was very polite and a true gentlemen. He read my application and signed it immediately approving the change of dropping "kumar" from my name, yeah my name was "Ashish Kumar" in my birth certificate. In 1972 they used to put Kumar for male child and kumari for female child. Now aint that cute, 35 years later I suffered the consequences.

So mom goes back to the municipal office and hands overs the signed letter and imagine here horror when the officer refuses to accept it saying that there is no stamp and the signature could be done by anyone....lol.

After a couple of phone calls and explanations from the senior officer in Parel, things got resolved and I am now a proud owner of 2 new birth certificates with my printed/given name as "Ashish". What a relief!

No comments: