Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Lets do it again

So, I travelled to Mantralaya yesterday and went searching for a notary then I realized that they dont sit there anymore, I asked the xerox guy where I could find one and he said "court" realising that the city civil court was nearby.

I walked past the "oval maidan" and finally found a small crowd and in the centre a guy stamping everyones paper, aahh the notary. He charged me Rs. 60 for a document (I had two birth certificates so I paid Rs. 120), he stamped it, signed it, put a red circle sticker on it stamped that too, then he pasted 5 Rupee 5 stamps (total Rs. 25) and cancelled them out by puting the notary stramp on that too.

Finally after this was done, I went back and stood in the line which was now 30 people strong. It was five minutes to two in the afternoon. Oh did I tell you the attestation office is open only from 2pm to 5pm. So dont even try to go there any other time because they wont let you in.

Ok so I sign my name at the gate and I am told to go to 9th floor. Whoa look at the line at the elevator, anyways after much waiting and shuffling I reached the 9th floor. Guess what another line so waited some more, the board clearly said attestation will be done free of cost and that there is no charge. Some people were giving Rs. 100 and getting it done out of turn, anyways my turn comes I see a small window I shove my face and my papers through it, guy stamps it and then asks me to wait in line for the signature, checks it and signs it and then we are done.

I am on my way back home. Now I need to send these documents to the MEA - Ministry of External Affairs, Delhi. Now how should I go there by plane or train.

No comments: